Rubber Edged Composite
Select-a-Seal® rubber edged composite (REC) technology combines compressive and adhesive sealing using an elastomeric edge on an engineered composite carrier. The edge elastomer adhesive properties help maintain the seal over time, while the density and pore structure of the composite carrier provide stable bolt load retention and conformity to flange surfaces. With Select-a-Seal® REC technology, the appropriate edge and base combination is custom designed to application requirements.
- Rubber edge provides superior adhesion and a durable seal, yet is easily removable from flanges
- Composite base is engineered for mechanical strength and stable bolt load retention
- Superior shear resistance, physical strength and temperature resistance
- Conforms well to flange surface finishes, flatness and irregularities
- Lightweight, corrosion resistant and can help minimize noise and vibration
- Patented manufacturing process for rapid prototyping